Tenaris - Buenos Aires/Campana, Argentina / Houston, TX / Hickman, AR
Knowledge Manager – 2005-2008
• Built the Knowledge Management department from scratch.
• Managed/budgeted a team of internal/external consultants and direct reports (total of 8 people).
• Non-training projects:
o Designed and prototyped a rule-based graphic tool for automating the response of 80% of technical queries (production process knowledge).
o Reduced 50% of content search/retrieval time by designing a best-practice intranet site.
o Created from concept to product a taxonomy-based multimedia encyclopedia as an alternative adult learning strategy
(6 subject matters, over 2000 interrelated multimedia pages).
o Coordinated the online publishing of 4 technical handbooks (3-year overseas projects).
o Streamlined access to most recent/relevant ScienceDirect online publications.
o Revamped meeting and content management issues in an international community of practice.
o Created a corporate-wide collaborative glossary of abbreviations (over 13,000 terms).
o Drafted, validated and maintained the corporate taxonomy (over 2,700 terms).
• Training projects:
o Delivered 5 managerial and technical e-learning + classroom solutions.
o Conducted bi-monthly workshops for 100% of new entries (junior to senior).
o Assisted in the building of 6 management development paths.
o Designed a 5-year international training delivery model
Supply Chain Order Manager – 1999-2004
• 5 years of experience in sales/customer service (QA, production and forward logistics)
• Responsible for order follow-up and export documents of goods valued US$ 25M (per year).
• Developed an IT-based tool for customized and automatic completion of 80% of export documents (led a 4-member team + IT staff).
• Key user in Quality Assurance information management processes (over 80,000 items and 200 monthly replies to customer technical queries).
• Progressed from Process & Power Plant Services, to Pipeline Services and later to Oilfield Services.